Friday, January 30, 2009

Finding my purpose in life

Relationships and the people that I have met along the way have played huge role for me knowing what my purpose is. I am defined, by the things that I do in life on a daily basis. For example, things like being a student, a daughter, a friend, best friend, sister, worker, has helped shaped me. And the way that I connect with people is my values, and beliefs, like everyone is special, and should be treated honor and respect, you work hard for what you want in life to get what you want, and even if you don't get what you deserve, you keep working hard, you live everyday like it could be your last, and you stick to your words even when it hurts. I have had, wonderful times with friends and family, but the one thing I learned the most from is from my failures, my hurts,, and the times when I felt misunderstood. When I minister to people from my pain, that's when I know that I fulfilling my purpose. When I take the time to listen to someone who is feeling insecure, encourage them to embrace their uniqueness, I feel a level of peace. When I give a smile here, and encouraging word there, I know that I am making a difference. We all going through something, I don't care who you are, what age, your income, background, education or lack of it, we are all struggling and we need each other. I care a lot about people especially people who are hurting. Because of some of the experiences I've had, I'm able to relate with people on a deeper level.. God cares about broken people, people who cannot stand on their own, people who feel weak, and inadequate. He wants to wrap his arms around them and show them love like they have never known before. To find your purpose in life, you have to dig deep and find the things that excites you, something that flows naturally, something significant that if it becomes your life you are making a positive impact, and contributing to making this world a better place. Sure you have to work hard, and be persistent in what you do, but it is not a constant struggle, you don't feel discontent inside instead you are enthusiastic. Each of us has something that is unique, special, that we can contribute. Each of us is packed with incredible potential, don't allow disappointment's, failures, cause you to give up on your dreams. instead listen to that still small voice inside you, that tells you who you are and what you were created to be. Some of us give up too easily, we tried and we fail, so we stop dreaming, and we become easily satisfied as a result we live below our potential. Be a dreamer, wake up each day with knowing your purpose, be passionate about your dreams, and do things that Will make those dreams come alive. Friends life is too short to wait till the end and discover you didn't really live.

1 comment:

Enkay said...

Nice one.

I believe that no one will ever be truly fulfilled in life till they find their purpose.

Ever heard of the 2 truths, 1 lie meme? Well i've tagged you! You can get details on my blog.

Cheers!