Saturday, December 21, 2013

Authenticity: What Is Keeping You From Freedom? 11/03 by ThePeacefulPoeticPlaceRADIO | Motivation Podcasts

 Listen to this Authenticity: What Is Keeping You From Freedom? 11/03 by ThePeacefulPoeticPlaceRADIO | Motivation Podcasts
                        Someone once stated, “Authenticity is coming home to the truth of who we are” I couldn’t agree more to this deep truth. Many of us run away from the reality of who we are because we are scared of what the truth will reveal about us. Honesty requires dealing with things we rather not face, and accepting truth that are sometimes painful. There was a point in my life where I just couldn’t accept the place I was, and the person I was becoming. It was so painful to look at my life and not feel like a failure. It was so hard for me to admit my short-comings and accept the areas I was failing, so I avoided the truth at all cost, and also stayed away from people who could point the truth to me.  Although I could hide from other people, I could not hide from myself. Eventually I got tired of living a lie and that was when change began.
                        At the end of each day I was by myself and that was when I felt the most pain because I hated the things I was discovering about myself. In order to be authentic one has to be willing to handle the truth not run away from it. if there are areas you feel you’re lacking in, begin to work on those areas, if there are things you know you need to get done that you keep putting off, get those things done, if there are people you need to separate from that are adding stress to your life, or causing you to feel confused cut those ties.
Often time’s people are afraid to be real because of the expectations that people or the society places on them, they are trying to live up to a standard that contradicts who they are. At other times we inflict pain on ourselves by working so hard to paint an image to other people that is false. We cannot become comfortable in our skin, unless we understand who we are. We need to understand our strengths, our weaknesses, the natural abilities that we possess. We also need to be comfortable being by ourselves, and learning how to love all of ourselves.
                        I am reserved so most of my free time is spent alone, but as I have gotten older I am understanding how my time spent alone is valuable, it helps me get closer to God and understand the depth of his love for me but it is also an opportunity for me to understand myself better. For instance I am realizing I am a deep reflective person, I love to understand things, and turn whatever experience I am having into a learning experience. I also realize I am someone who likes my freedom, anything that holds me down or keeps me stuck I hate. I am drawn to music, because it carries a healing component, every time I listen to soulful songs I feel elated inside, and if I am sad or in pain my mood changes. Music touches and speaks to my heart each time I listen to it. Often times we need to get away from the noise, social media, our own inner thoughts, and from people so we can find God.  Finding God for ourselves allows us to discover who God created us to be, and it helps us understand the plan that he has for our lives. Our identity should be founded on who we are in Christ, and how he perceives us. Every other thing outside God that defines us can we only give us a false identity something that would not last.

There is so much to us than the status we hold, the things we possess, the talents we have, or the connections we have.  We have a depth to us, something unique and special within us, but often time we focus too much attention on what we are not instead of appreciating who we are. When we place too much emphasis on our short-comings we miss out on how our weaknesses or failures can be used as a source of blessing to others. Authenticity is the feeling you get when you are safe at home and you don’t have to perform for people. We cannot find our purpose when we are busying trying to be like everyone else, or when we hide our true identity. We are not truly living unless we are being our authentic self because everything we do in life stems from that. Stay true to who you are and let the right people and opportunities find you.


No comments: