Monday, December 30, 2013

The importance of Timing and Being Ready for what you prayed for

There is great danger in wanting things prematurely that we are not adequately prepared for, because those very things once you get them becomes a problem. There is a gap between what you desire in your life, and what you capable of handling. God will only give you what it thinks you can handle at a given time Often times we may be praying for things that we are not quite ready for. Our motive may be in the right place for needing those things, but our hearts and mind are not aligned to receive the blessings we so desire. If we are not careful and choose to pursue those things anyways, we might end up getting more than we can handle. The thing that was supposed to bring us joy, becomes a source of pain as a result of our impatience. Many of the headaches and frustrations we experience in life, can be avoided if we only learn how to be patient for the things our heart desires until its appropriate time. The good things in life we pray for such as seeing our dreams and visions come to pass, meeting the man/woman of our dreams, buying our dream home, starting a family, or any other thing we are trusting God for, will be rewarding once we are ready to receive those things. I am no expert in this area of waiting on God’s perfect timing. There have been times I have missed God’s timing because I was faced with a lot of pressure, and there were also times when I was just too desperate to get something, that I ended up with the wrong things. Developing the patience in waiting on God’s promise for my life is something I have had to learn again and again. Being in God’s will is the safest place to be, once you step outside of it life becomes a constant struggle. I have started projects that I didn’t complete because God was not involved, I have also trusted the wrong people who didn’t have my best interest at heart, and ended up hurt. There were other times I felt I was ready but the events that followed showed how unprepared I was for the things I wanted. Before you think about pursuing the things you want and need in life, make sure you are also preparing yourself for those things.
Every good gift comes with responsibility, nothing good comes easy. You shouldn’t be praying earnestly for a child, when you cannot even take care of yourself or run a household, you shouldn’t be anxiously waiting to meet the man/woman of your dreams, when you haven’t first discovered who you are, or learned how to love yourself. In addition, you cannot be thinking of having a big platform to inspire people, and motivate them to success in different areas of life, when your own life is out of order, or when you lack the discipline and the ability to motivate yourself. Timing plays an important role in the events that take place in our lives, and everything is beautiful in its own time.
There are also other factors that determine when the timing is right to get our needs met, for instance, our emotional and mental state at the time. Our emotional and mental state can affect the kind of choices we make; the more unstable we are mentally or emotionally the more likely we allow our emotions cloud our vision. As a result we end up making the wrong choice. When we are at a place in our life where we are experiencing a lot of changes that is not a good time to make any life-changing decisions because we are under a lot of stress, and we might end up getting into mistakes. Sometimes, we may be feeling pressure from outside sources, and we are forced to make decisions quickly without giving much thought to it, at other times we make decisions out of desperation and discontent, both outcomes can lead to regrets. God’s timing of giving us the things we need is completely different from our timing. Often times we think we are ready, but God may be thinking we still have some growing to do, so he delays things until we are more matured to handle our heart desires.
At other times God presents our heart desire to us before its timing. This forces us to grow in our relationship with God, because we can’t have what we want at that particular time, which causes us to develop the discipline to wait on God’s perfect timing to receive that thing. The right thing at the wrong time can still feel very wrong. I like how Melvin Davies puts this, and I quote “what is shown to you prematurely serve the purpose of drawing you closer to God, thus strengthening your spiritual walk and relationship with Him, What you can’t have now but is meant for you to have will mature you”. I completely agree to this insight, I am currently at a place where I am seeing something I prayed for, but didn’t know if I could ever experience it, now that I see that it is possible to have that particular thing in that way, I have to be patient for it because I am not fully ready to receive it. I kick myself for not preparing myself for it beforehand, however, I find strength in knowing that this particular situation will grow me and make me better, so when the timing becomes right, I can totally enjoy the blessing God has for me.
My next post will cover how you prepare to receive the blessings God has for you, my focus will be on preparing for your career/purpose/calling and also preparing for love. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inspiring dear.

Charrylove said...

Whoever you are, thank you.